Thursday, October 26, 2017

Meet the Speakers: Ryan McVicar


Ryan McVicar of New City Presbyterian Church will be speaking at this year's conference on The Good News of Vocation. We asked him some questions so you could get to know him better.





What’s your wife’s name, how long have you been married, and how many children do you have?
Megan and I have been married for 16 years. We have three children: Nevin (11), Molly (9) and Anna (6).
Share a little about your educational background.

I got my undergraduate degree at Murray State University in Kentucky. After college Megan and I worked on staff with Campus Outreach to start two new college ministries in the Midwest. In 2003, following our time with Campus Outreach, we moved to Orlando, Florida where I pursued theological training at Reformed Theological Seminary.

What is your title and how long have you been in your current position? 

I am the Senior Pastor at New City Presbyterian Church and have served at New City for the past six years.

What would you most like your church to be known for?

Being a church with rooted conviction in the Word of God and a church who contributes to the renewal of Detroit through our Gospel proclamation and church planting.

If you could spend an entire day with one person of your choosing from the Bible (not including Jesus), who would you choose and why?

Peter. I would love to hear him share his heart about his experiences though all of the ups and downs, joys and pains in his ministry.

What are some of your hobbies/interests apart from the Bible/theology?
Following University of Illinois basketball, snow skiing with my family, long prayer walks with my wife, reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment